Skip to content

Fire in Petrich

Forums Fires Fire in Petrich

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #2829

    The fire started from a wood stove
    A family with two children from the village of Kavrakirovo, Petrich municipality, was left homeless after a fire devastated their house.
    The fire, which broke out late in the evening, started from a wood stove and destroyed the roof and all the furniture.

    “First I smelled smoke, then I saw the light from the window,” she said.

    “I woke up my husband, took the older child and went to the neighbor, who saved the baby,” said Susanna.

    “If it weren’t for the woman, we would have died,” said Anton, Susanna’s husband.

    At the moment, the family is staying with their neighbors and is waiting for a house provided by the Petrich municipality.

    They are also given vouchers for food, clothes and medicines, but they mostly need building materials.

    Thanks to volunteers, the roof is gradually being restored.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.